Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Wednesday 17 January - Boston

Off to Washington DC this weekend so I'll have plenty more pictures next week.

Did a silly thing this morning at walked to work. Never again - barely made it. The posts below will give you some idea. Keep in mind that these updates are at 12 noon, not 8am when I left the apartments. And I thought old Waverley Park could get cold!

I'm quite mystified as to why water restrictions are required around here in Summer. I'll put things into perspective:

* Melbourne's average rainfall is 639mm per year (last year we received 438mm)
* Up to the end of 17th January, Boston have received 110.5mm of rain - over 25% of what Melbourne received last year, and 17% of Melbourne's annual average in just 17 days. At this rate, by the 8 April, Boston will have received the same as Melbourne's annual share of rain. The average rainfall per year here - 1091mm.

Barwon Water must be in control over here as well!

No comments: