Friday, January 12, 2007

Friday 12 January - Boston

Last night was the Vitale Mentor/Mentee (the firm's version of the PP buddy system) function held in the office, and then onto a bar (Copia) next door, owned by the managing partner's son. A solid night saw a 1:00 arrival home, followed by a couple of calls back home. Wasn't any shennigans at this function (or at least none that I was aware of), although one of the staff members did get into me a little about having a hair style which was conservative enough. I can't recall exactly who it was, other than male & over 30. Anyway, I think we'd both had a few by then. Finally met the 'Burger with the Lot', Mike Landenburger (who is now 'Mick' by the way - Mike is certainly an American name), who obviously hates a beer.

The washup this morning is that I had a visit from two of my old friends: Barry Attling, and Simon Truggling (who was introduced to me my big Mick Lester - that's Mick). Luckily, they didn't bring their mate that everyone dislikes, Chris Mew. I'd also joined the police force, and became the Sheriff of Struggletown. The week finished with a combined total of 1 chargeable hour (the beers to chargeable hour ratio is quite high) and a lot of blog time, thus when my first audit engagement comes around I'll be well and truly refreshed.

No comments: