Saturday, April 28, 2007

Saturday 28 April - London

As I write this on Sunday morning I'm still amazed at how well I've pulled up. Last night I was as rotten as I'd been for quite a while. The reason (read excuse) was the World Cup Final at the Walkabout Inn in Angel, Islington. The rain delay didn't help either, extending the session well into the night. The killer was a couple of warmish VB cans I started hooking into halfway through the Sri Lankan innings, in celebration of the pending Aussie victory. Yada yada yada, outside I ran into a friend I hadn't seen for a fair while, the champion Hawthorn CHB, Chris Mew.

A few familiar faces joined us around 6 - Becky, Jon and Jess, part of the now disbanded Boston crew, who were staying in London overnight and came to experience a part of the real London - a pub full of expat Australians. I actually left before the cricket had finished (but by which time the result was known) to have a beer elsewhere with them, as they had earlier gone for a feed with Libe but couldn't get back into the pub. In the meantime, I'd been celebrating the game with Tim, Brendan and Simon.

Libe spent the arvo with An and her boyfriend Mark down in Richmond, including a float down the river on a rowboat. I'll get a picture up here a.s.a.p. Pictures of me during the day are best not posted and (thankfully) non-existent.

No comments: