Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Wednesday 28 February - Boston

LIBE SHOE COUNT – 12

Here’s an idea for PP, and for any workforce in particular. Someone at Vitale goes to the trouble of printing sports articles out from the net, taking it with them to the cubicle when nature calls and leaving them behind. Thus, everyone following gets the opportunity to do a little light reading. And they’re always sports articles. Then again, the US sports can be considered ‘toilet sports’ I reckon.

Thinking, though, that if I instigated such a thing I might provide Wikipedia excerpts of random stuff – places, famous events, famous people. Just to enlighten the people of Australia.

One thing I don’t miss from Australia – Ian Chappell. I think I need confirmation from someone older than me – did this bloke actually captain Australia? All he does is whinge and berate – completely the opposite personality to the other Australian captains that I’ve seen & heard.

A common US practice is to use your initial name in public e.g. ‘George W. Bush’. The practice is applied to email signatures, to name cards at work, to business cards etc. I’m not sure why this is the case, but I wonder if its all part of the eternal push by US to differentiate themselves from the UK and other Europe countries to which it owes much of its ancestry. Other indicators of this are the use of “er” rather than “re” (for example, for center / centre and meter / metre), and a bill that was raised before the US congress to have “French Fries” renamed to “Freedom Fries”. I’m glad to see that we’re not the only ones having our hard-earned taxes wasted away by our elected so-called ‘representatives’.

This is Ryan J. Moore I (i.e. the first), signing off.

No comments: